Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday with Sunshine!

Today was the first day we saw the sun for a week! It is still very cold (in the teens) but the snow on the trees is so pretty. I did a load of laundry, sewed a rip in a jacket, balanced my checkbook, shredded last year's bill receipts, and did other odd jobs.

The Bengals didn't make it, I'm sorry to say. :-( They had a really good season but just couldn't get past the NY Jets.

In memory of Elvis's 75th birthday yesterday I stayed up late watching his movies. I had never seen Follow Your Dream or Clambake before. Elvis played an innocent, naive man in both. That surprised me. I was fooled by his swinging hips when he performed. I figured he would play an aggressive sex symbol type instead of the "good" guy. Both movies were very light and relaxing to watch. After visiting Graceland last May and seeing all of Elvis' cars, costumes, army history, airplanes, etc. it was especially fun to see his movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment