Friday, January 29, 2010

Memorial

This has been a busy week at church as I mentioned in my last post. It is also a sad time to reflect back on what happened to my husband 13 years ago. It was Friday, January 31, 1997, that Jim took his own life. I came home from school and found him and a note. Ever since that time I asked questions and tried to understand what happened. Perhaps we will never really know what was going on in his head. I miss him.

Today the snow is covering the driveway and woods. The sun is shining down making sparkles in the snow. I see the beauty of nature. A pileated woodpecker just visited my suet feeder. This is a rare sighting of such a large beautiful bird. Jim loved nature and enjoyed skiing. Winter was a fun time to enjoy the outdoors. He was always full of life, ready to go "do" something. We enjoyed walking our dog at the nearby parks. I miss all of those things that we shared in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment