Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunday-Music Day

Sunday I had the alarm set to get up early but overslept anyway. I was supposed to be at choir practice by 8:50 AM and I didn't get up until 8:30! I got there in time to sing 1 page of our anthem and then direct the carol sing in the sanctuary at 9:05. I was glad Jerry made it in time for our choir anthem and that he stayed for fellowship time and congregational meeting. We voted on the slate of officers and on the proposed budget. $$

In the afternoon Jerry picked me up to go to his family's Christmas dinner. It was very nice. I took some different recipes of the famous chex mix for appetizers. We ate a delicious dinner and even had a little room left for cookies and pie for dessert. The kids opened their presents and pulled out very fashionable clothes. I guess the peace sign of the 60's is back in style. The boys loved their snug-a-lug blankets with sleeves. I was thrilled with my bath set and fleece blanket. Kelly always makes peanut butter and chocolate fudge. Jerry knows I like it so he let me eat a few pieces. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment